Sunday, February 27, 2011

Sunday Selections

Sunday Selections #8 Iconograph, Red White and Blue
A meme for unpublished and abandoned photographs found on my computer harddrive started by Tasmanian Ceramic Artist Kim on her blog Frongpondsrock. If you'd like to take part in this project I urge you to do it and share it with us all. It has been a very fun and revealing process each week! If you saw this project from this page and decided to do it please leave a comment with the link to your next Sunday Selection!

This week I am uploading some old unpublished photos of images that relate to the theme of iconography. These images vary in meaning. They can be viewed as propaganda, cultural, indigenous culture, or historical/contemporary relics...I will leave that up to you to perceive their meaning (some are fairly objective).






4 comments:

  1. I like that your images always make me think. Thanks Adam :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. An interesting collection! My favourite is the upward shot of the flag and the pillar. I'm not sure what it is, or what the significance is, perhaps because I'm English, but it's a powerful shot.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Kim, I am glad they make you think..It makes me feel good to know that I get that reaction with my imagery :)

    Jay: Thanks, I really like that image too. I think that the message in that is the overwhelming importance that these monumental objects can have over us/for us. We are always looking up...at the flag, towards the massive skyscrapers of industry...but so rarely to we look at what is in front of us....

    These images are both celebratory and contradictory. Freedom comes with such a tall cost..Israel and America are unique in the sense of Freedom and quality of life they portray for their citizens, yet they are also contradictory in that they oppress the freedom of others...Such is the reality of things, and one day I hope that freedom is really for us all!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, I really like that image too. I think that the message in that is the overwhelming importance that these monumental objects can have over us/for us.thanks for sharing here..
    miami beach condos

    ReplyDelete